Here is a list of just a few things to do in the Quad Cities during the summer:
- Attend a farmers market on Saturday or Sunday morning at the Freight House Farmers Market in downtown Davenport.
- Visit the Figge Art Museum. If you are a student and show your school ID, it is free.
- Attend a River Bandits game at the Modern Woodman Park in downtown Davenport.
- Visit the Quad Cities Botanical Gardens in Rock Island.
- Take a trip to visit the Bobcats at the Niabi Zoo.
- Grab a group of friends to go bowling with you for $1 bowling at Bowlmore on Brady in Davenport.
- Take a walk down RiverWay Trail. It is a 13 mile, paved, walked which takes you down the beautiful Mississippi River.
- Every Sunday and Wednesday during the summer there is a Backwater Gamblers Water Ski Show starting at 6:30 pm in Rock Island.
- Getting a little hungry from all this? Head to Steel Plow in Moline for the best mac & cheese and GAINT milkshakes.
- Attend the Mississippi Valley Fair during the first week of August. They have concerts, deep fried everything, and more. This year it is August 1-6.